Practical activities to help your child manage emotions, navigate social situation & reduce anxiety. (For sale in the US only)
Winner of the Mom’s Choice Award ®
WHAT'S IN THE WORKBOOK?
A guide for busy parents to help you child with:
- Listening, communication and relationship skills to build better friendships
- Navigating transitions, boundaries, and trying new things
- Managing big feelings, like meltdowns, mood swings, overwhelm & more
- Developing focus to do what we ask (like schoolwork!) instead of resisting or complaining
- Being more confident & less sensitive or anxious
Including over 200 practical activities to use in your daily environments, this workbook helps parents:
- Understand your child’s sensitivities
- Incorporate mindfulness
- Model and prime your child for success
- Teach hidden social rules
- Understand the thinking behind these skills
WHAT'S IN THE CARD DECKS?
The Make Emotional Learning Stick Deck includes 52 cards with what to say & do with your child to build emotional awareness, coping skills and decrease anxiety
The Make Social Learning Stick Deck includes 52 cards with what to say & do with your child to build social and relationship skills, such as listening, conversing and thinking of others.
These cards are great tangible tools for helping instill social and emotional skills in you and your child.
WHO'S THIS FOR?
- Parents & Caregivers supporting children with "additional or complex needs" related to social-emotional and executive functioning skills
- Teachers, therapists, counselors, and other educators who support parents and their families
- Anyone who cares about helping children build emotional intelligence, manage their emotions, navigate social situations, meet their goals and potential to thrive!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Elizabeth Sautter is a Speech and Language Pathologist, author, blogger and presentor specializing in social and emotional learning for preschoolers to adults and their families since 1996. She is the founder of Make Social Learning Stick which provides consultation, training and resources to help children, teens and their families build skills and practical tools for social, emotional and executive functioning skills.
She is also the co-owner of Communication Works (cwtherapy.com) which provides speech therapy to schools in CA. She has completed a mentorship and internship with Michelle Garcia Winner, Stephanie Madrigal, and Pamela Crooke, and has co-authored two popular children's books about whole body listening, Whole Body Listening Larry at Home and Whole Body Listening Larry at School. Elizabeth is also a Zones of Regulation collaborative trainer.
On a personal note, she has two teenage sons, a sister and cousin all with additional needs related to social communication, self-regulation and executive functioning challenges which makes her work not just a career, but a life endeavor.