Make Social Emotional Learning Stick Activity Book & Card Decks
Practical activities to help your child manage emotions, navigate social situation & reduce anxiety. These Mom’s Choice Award–winning book and card decks offer practical ideas in a user-friendly structure with simple and fun activities that help parents make social and emotional learning stick. (Ships US only)
Now available in digital format!
Practical activities to help your child manage emotions, navigate social situations and reduce anxiety. These Mom’s Choice Award-winning book and card decks offer practical ideas in a user-friendly structure with simple and fun activities that help parents make social and emotional learning stick.
Make Social and Emotional Learning Stick! has helped thousands of families manage their child’s emotions, increase positive behavior and social skills, reduce anxiety, and so much more!
- Does your child struggle to fit in, make friends, have social confidence, socialize, and navigate social situations?
- Learn how to help them become more aware, empathetic, and able to understand social and emotional skills to gain perspective and make friends.
- Does your child experience high levels of anxiety or BIG emotions with meltdowns that happen in the blink of an eye?
- Get inspired with mindful activities, coping tools, and daily calming strategies to boost your child’s emotional intelligence, regulation, and ability to pause before they react.
- Are you looking for the energy and patience to help your child develop these skills, but too busy managing the meltdowns, self-regulation issues, and behaviors that come from sensitivities, anxiety, ADHD, or autism?
This Mom’s Choice Award-winning book offers practical ideas in a user-friendly structure with simple and fun activities that help parents make social and emotional learning stick. Because your child learns the most from YOU!
Children need ongoing exposure for greater awareness and understanding of themselves and the complex world in which they live—as well as explanations and practice throughout the day—to manage their emotions, navigate social situations, and reduce anxiety.
Over 200 updated simple and easy-to-understand activities show you the teachable moments to use throughout your daily routines with your child.
Getting ready for the day, preparing and eating meals together, reading time, going to the doctor, celebrating holidays, and partnering with your child’s school become opportunities for discovery and practice of expected social behavior.
These social and emotional skills activities, including new mindfulness practices and a new section on bridging home and school, are invaluable for busy or overwhelmed parents. When you have the tools you need to help your child, you can both become more calm, confident, and connected.
Read Make Social and Emotional Learning Stick! and help your child:
- Build conversation skills for better relationships
- Navigate transitions and boundaries, and try new things
- Focus on schoolwork instead of resisting or complaining
- Gain listening and mindfulness skills to build better friendships
- Identify hidden social rules that make social situations easier
- Learn empathy and how to see others’ perspectives instead of just their own
- Develop tools to build resilience and emotional regulation, decrease anxiety, and much more!
Help your child thrive socially and emotionally—without either of you getting frustrated or overwhelmed!
Want more support? Check out our life-changing Make It Stick Parenting course on helping children build social-emotional skills.
These cards are great tangible tools for helping instill social and emotional skills in you and your child
The Make Emotional Learning Stick Deck includes 52 cards with what to say & do with your child to build emotional awareness, coping skills and decrease anxiety.
The Make Social Learning Stick Deck includes 52 cards with what to say & do with your child to build social and relationship skills, such as listening, conversing, and thinking of others.WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Parents and caregivers supporting children with "additional or complex needs" related to social-emotional and executive functioning skills
- Teachers, therapists, counselors, and other educators who support parents and their families
- Anyone who cares about helping children build emotional intelligence, manage their emotions, navigate social situations, meet their goals, and thrive!
Elizabeth Sautter is a Speech and Language Pathologist, author, blogger, and presenter specializing in social and emotional learning for preschoolers to adults and their families since 1996. She is the founder of Make Social Learning Stick which provides consultation, training, and resources to help children, teens, and their families build skills and practical tools for social, emotional, and executive functioning skills.
She is also the co-owner of Communication Works (cwtherapy.com) which provides speech therapy to schools in CA. She has completed a mentorship and internship with Michelle Garcia Winner, Stephanie Madrigal, and Pamela Crooke, and has co-authored two popular children's books about whole body listening, Whole Body Listening Larry at Home and Whole Body Listening Larry at School. Elizabeth is also a Zones of Regulation collaborative trainer.
On a personal note, she has two teenage sons, a sister, and a cousin all with additional needs related to social communication, self-regulation, and executive functioning challenges which make her work not just a career, but a life endeavor.